Starting on July 14th, join a Cloud Hero weekly hands-on lab game during Next OnAir to practice your skills. For each game, you will find a curated collection of labs relevant to the week’s theme. In each of the games, you can pick and choose which hands-on labs to do, or try them all. Play with other attendees and compete to see yourself on the leaderboard.
The weekly game link and its access code will be released on Tuesdays at 9AM PDT below. Week 1’s game will be available from July 14th 9AM PDT to the following Tuesday 8:59AM PDT. Seats in each game are limited. The games are free to play and hosted on Qwiklabs, Google Cloud’s hands-on learning platform. To participate, you will need a Qwiklabs account; you can create one for free today using this link. Please see the official rules before participating; by joining a game, you are opting into the terms included below.
Cloud Hero Challenge Series at Next OnAir 2020 - Official Rules
CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WORLDWIDE, EXCEPT FOR BRAZIL, QUEBEC, CRIMEA, CUBA, IRAN, SYRIA, NORTH KOREA, and SUDAN.
These rules govern your participation in the Cloud Hero Challenge Series at Next OnAir ‘20 (the “Contest”) run by Google LLC (“Google”) using a platform operated by qwikLABS Inc. (“Qwiklabs”), a subsidiary of Google LLC, whose principal places of business are 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, 94043, United States (together, “Google”).
By entering the Contest, you agree to these Official Rules (“Rules”) and that these Rules apply to you.
1.1. To participate in the Contest and be eligible for entry, the following conditions must be satisfied throughout the duration of the Contest. You must:
- not be: (i) a resident of Quebec, Canada, (ii) ordinarily a resident in a US embargoed country, or (iv) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs from participating in the Contest, or (v) a wholly or partially state-owned entity or an employee of the government or of a government-controlled entity;
- not be an employee of your country’s government or of a government-controlled entity, an entity that is wholly or partially state-owned;
- be at least 18 years of age;
- not be an employee, officer, or director of Google, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, or be the immediate family or living in the households of any such persons and;
- ensure that participating in the Contest and accepting these Rules complies with your organisation’s own code of conduct.
1.2. Participants must sign up for or already have a Qwiklabs account to participate in the Contest. The Contest consists of 8 games (each a “Game”), each containing a varying number of labs. Each lab can be played up to five times per Game (but only the top score of each participant will be recorded in scoring) to get the best score during the Contest Period, as defined in Section 3 (Key Dates) below.
1.3. All determinations of eligibility will be made at Google’s discretion. Google reserves the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any related dispute at any time.
2. How to Participate
2.1. You must:
- meet the eligibility criteria specified in Section 1 (Eligibility) above;
- create or already have created a Qwiklabs account at qwiklabs.com;
- Play and complete the required number of labs in each Game the participant plays in during the Contest Period as defined in Section 3 (Key Dates) below. Each lab can be played up to five (5) times during the Game.
2.2. All data provided through the registration process must be complete and correct.
3. Key Dates
3.1. The Games will be held on a weekly basis during the duration of Next OnAir from July 14th, 2020 to September 14th, 2020 (“Contest Period”), excluding July 21st, 2020 to July 28th, 2020.
4. Determining the winners
4.1 There will be 80 total Contest winners (collectively, the “Winners”), as described below.
4.2 For each Game, Winners will be determined based on top scores. Ten (10) eligible Contest participants with the highest overall scores, selected objectively based on their performance during the Game and automatically via a points scoring system, will be the Top Prize Winners.
4.4 If the Top Prize Winners cannot accept their Prizes (as defined in Section 5, Prizes & Rewards, below), the Prizes will be awarded to the eligible Contest participant with the next highest score.
4.5 The points are calculated as follows:
- Each Game that you play as part of the Contest has multiple labs, listed in subject groupings for ease of viewing.
- You can earn points by completing each lab’s required steps; the more quickly and accurately you finish the lab, the more points you earn.
- Required steps are counted within each lab, using Activity Tracking.
- You receive additional points for speed if you finish all required steps in a lab before the lab timer runs out.
- The lab timer shows the maximum time you have to complete the relevant lab. The timer starts counting down when you click “Start Lab” and times out when the timer reaches zero. If you finish the lab before the timer reaches zero, you need to click “End Lab” to earn bonus points for speed.
- The time between when you finish one lab and start another lab does not affect your point score.
- Your total points score is calculated by combining the points scores of all the labs you’ve completed for a given Game. To maximise your points, complete more labs.
5. Prizes & Rewards
5.1. The Rewards and Prizes awarded to eligible participants will include:
- Top Prize winners will be provided with a code to redeem on the online storefront Perk Store and will be invited to choose their prize from a list of Qwiklabs branded swag items including shirts, flip flops, travel mugs and notebooks.
- No Prizes are redeemable for cash.
- Google reserves the right to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, of comparable monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and ARV will not be awarded.
5.2. All decisions by Google regarding Prize winners are final and binding.
5.3. Prizes will be delivered to the winners by on or about October 30, 2020.
5.4 By accepting a Prize, Winners agree that Google and its affiliates and agencies may use their name and likeness in public announcements of the Prize Winners, and for promoting or furthering Google products (including Google Cloud Solutions) without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Notification of Winners and Winners’ Obligations
6.1. If you are a Winner, Google will notify you that you have won a Prize by sending an email to the email address you provided to create your Qwiklabs account by September 30. 2020.
6.2. Google reserves the right in its discretion to substitute equivalent Prizes of equal or greater value. No cash equivalent of Prizes can be claimed.
6.3. You may be required to submit a declaration of eligibility in order to receive a Prize.
6.4. Google is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete and illegible entry materials, or for electronic transmission errors, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry, technical malfunctions of any kind. Entries are void if they are in whole or in part incomprehensible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error, forged, mechanically reproduced or obtained through fraud or theft.
6.5. Google on its own or via any third party will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify you if you are a Winner. If you decline a Prize, do not respond to the Prize notification within 10 days of the notification being sent, fail to claim the Prize in the manner specified, are unavailable for Prize fulfillment, fail to abide by these Rules or are ineligible, Google may select an alternative Winner from all remaining eligible participants.
6.6. The Prize may be subject to restrictions and/or licences and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. If you are a Winner, you will bear all responsibility for use of the Prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by the Prize manufacturer, and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance.
6.7. If you win a Prize, you will be solely responsible for ensuring that you comply with any applicable tax laws and filing requirements.
6.8. Prizes are non-transferrable. You may not sell or give away a Prize to another person.
6.9. Surnames of Winners and their country will be available to contest participants by request sent by email to the email@example.com up to one month after the Contest Period. If you object to any or all of your surname, country and winning entry being published or otherwise made publicly available, please send an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the Contest Period. In such circumstances, Google must still provide the information and winning entry to a relevant regulator if requested to do so.
7.2. You have the right to request access, review, rectification or deletion of any PII held by Google in connection with the Contest by writing to the [enter email address].
7.3. Google will receive PII from Qwiklabs in order to select the Winners of the Contest.
8. Right To Cancel, Modify Or Disqualify
8.1. If for any reason outside Google’s control, the Contest is not capable of running as planned (which may include tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, printing errors, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest), Google may, at its discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
8.2. Google may, acting reasonably: (a) disqualify any participant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the Contest (for example, but not limited to, Contest hacking or fraudulent behavior of any kind) and declare void any or all of their entries based on such conduct; or (b) declare void any entries resulting from any errors materially affecting the result of the Contest or the number of entrants.
8.3.Google reserves the right to disqualify any potential Winner or confirmed Winner based on compliance with the Eligibility criteria listed above. In such instance, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen by Google to replace the disqualified participant. Google's determinations relating to judging (inclusive of the judging criteria) are final and binding.
9. Warranty, Indemnity & Release
To the maximum extent permitted by law, each Contest participant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Google at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the participant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Google from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from (a) any misrepresentation made by the Contest participant in connection with the Contest; (b) any non-compliance by the Contest participant with these Rules; (c) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to the Contest participant’s involvement with the Contest; and (d) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in this Contest.
Contest participant releases Google from any liability associated with: (a) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest site; (b) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry information; or (c) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any Prize or Winners.
10.1. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
11.1. These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and all participants expressly waive any and all such rights.
11.2 Arbitration: By entering the Contest, you agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Google of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its Rules then in effect in the San Jose, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.
Use code ch-next-01 to join
Access code is coming soon
Access code is coming soon
Access code is coming soon
Access code is coming soon
Access code is coming soon
Access code is coming soon
Access code is coming soon
Winners and the top of the leaderboard for each week’s game will be showcased here. Check back in to see if you made it onto the leaderboard!
How to Play and Frequently Asked Questions
I. How to Play
- Join or sign up for a Qwiklabs account at google.qwiklabs.com
- Click on Play Now, which will lead you to a game page on Qwiklabs
- Enter the access code provided to join the game
- Choose your player ID and avatar
- Play and complete the labs in the game. Each lab can be played up to five (5) times. Your highest score will be recorded
II. Frequently Asked Questions
- Is this free?
- Do I need a Qwiklabs account?
- Yes, you will need to create a Qwiklabs account if you don’t have one already. Creating an account is always free. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- How long does it take to complete a lab?
- Labs take between 15 minutes up to 2 hours, depending on the complexity of the lab itself. You can find lab durations listed on the site.
- I tried accessing the game but I can’t join. What’s happening?
- Seats are limited and first-come, first-serve. If you see on your screen that there are still seats open in the game, you should troubleshoot with Qwiklabs support using the blue button on the bottom-right of a lab.
- What if I missed last week’s game or there are no more seats in the game, how can I get access to the labs?
- You can sign up for free credits for Qwiklabs at g.co/cloud/freetraining and use your credits to take the labs highlight in the games.
- What are skill badges? Will I get a skill badge for participating in a Cloud Hero game?
- Skill badges are exclusive digital Google Cloud badges that demonstrates your growing Google Cloud recognized skillset. You can earn them by completing skill badge quests on Qwiklabs. To learn more about skill badges, visit https://cloud.google.com/training/badges.
- While you will not get a skill badge for participating in a Cloud Hero game, there are labs from skill badge quests included in the Cloud Hero games and you will still receive a digital badge if you complete all of the labs in a game. It will be displayed on your Qwiklabs account.
- I have a question/issue with a lab. What do I do?
- Let us know! You can chat with us directly: there’s a blue button on the bottom-right of the lab. We’re here to help.